Everyone needs a platform, a virtual soap box where they can write about what they are passionate about. Whether you are an author, a speaker or a stay at home mom who wants to tell your story Platform Get Noticed In A Noisy World will take you from A to Z in your platform journey.
I have been building websites and blogs online since 2005. I’ve had many successful sites and I am not ashamed to admit I have had a few that didn’t work out how I planned. But I have learned something from each and every one of them. If Michael’s book was around then it would have dramatically reduced the learning curve. Even though I am experienced with blogs and building traffic to blogs I read this book cover to cover three times. It is that good. I have learned something each time.
Why You Need A Platform
A platform will allow you to reach the people who are seeking your message, connecting with this audience is the key to getting your message out into the digital world. If you are selling something having a platform can get you more sales, if you are an author or speaker you can use your platform to launch your next book or to book yourself solid with speaking engagements.
Who Is Michael Hyatt and Why You Should Listen To Him?
Michael is the former CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishing. He also has a successful blog at MichaelHyatt.com he has over 28,000 Facebook Fans, 205,000 followers on Twitter and 300,000 odd blog/email subscribers. Yes I would say he knows a thing or two about building a platform.
Lets Take A Look At What Platform Covers
These are the major sections of launching any brand online Michael covers each section in depth.
1) Start With Wow : This section details how to create a compelling product, by exceeding market expectations.
2) Prepare to Launch: Details launching your platform by planning, defining your platform goals and defining your brand.
3) Build Your Home Base: Your home base is where the magic happens, from building your blog, creating content, doing interviews and avoiding many of the common mistakes that can set you back.
4) Expand Your Reach: Once you have you content online it is time to gain readers, expand your reach and bring new readers/subscribers into your “world.”
5) Engage Your Tribe: How to engage your tribe via social media and to keep them engaged and returning to your blog.
To sum it up I think the book’s sub-title says it all: ” A step-by-step guide for anyone with something to say or sell.” You can’t go wrong with Platform. Check it out today and let me know what you think!